Food Blogging : A passion that gave me wings

Food Blogging has never been a hobby for me until I realised how much appreciation it has given me in front of public .  Since my childhood, I have been fat shamed by many close people of mine. When time passed and I observed that most of my friends are either engaged in debates or club works .There was literally nothing that I was feeling to do apart from studies . I do love clicking pictures but  I have never taken an extra step regarding this. Later I do realise that this photography skill of mine helped me to click better pictures of food as Food Blogging was all about clicking droolworthy pictures and writing feedbacks. Back to 2019 , I started to become active on social media and noticed that people love to hangout in different restaurants in Dhaka as there are very few places to go. I came through a couple of food content creators and got myself inspired to become one by exploring places . I was never a junk foodie before . Even I have never tried different cuisines apart from Bangla Chinese in get togethers and few Indian food . Within a short period of time , I got to learn so many things about the Dhaka food scene.

First of all, it was pretty difficult for me to explore places as I did not have much money with me and I never felt like asking money from my parents only for eating outside. I had one of my cousin with me who agreed to go out with me at random places so that I could cover food properly and even we used to split the bills in every places. We used to go out once in a month and cover around 7/8 places that are far from our homes and cover the near ones on other days . Still it was nothing compared to what others used to do. I wanted to invest more into this to make a mark though I have never claimed this extra curricular activity to my relatives as I thought no one will understand the concept of clicking pictures of food before eating .



Things were not working for me as I was completely a noob here and I had to prepare myself for the board exams as well . During the pandemic , I saw lots of  positive responses  from people as they used to like my homemade food recipes. Since restaurants were closed , we had no choice but baking desserts , making Dalgona coffee , cooking pastas and so on. Almost everyone became a chef during the lockdown phase and it was indeed a good one. By the end of the year , I got my first ever brand work from an International pizza brand. This was one of the most surprising thing that happened in 2020 because I never made contents with the intention of getting monetary work and somehow it gave me motivation to work harder.

Days passed and the love from audience and brands got immense. I never felt so much independent before this. I do work under different restaurants , help  brands to grow , showcase  food towards the people.  I do hear lots of criticisms, face lots of trolls but it has never discouraged me as I have faced such things from my childhood. My parents are my biggest supporters . Whenever I post any picture or video , they are the first ones to share even though I feel this a bit cringe but I am truly grateful to them. One thing that gives me relief that my parents sometimes do feel proud of me and trust me that's what I always wanted.

 At the end of the day , I do realise that few people actually love my work . It motivates me to work harder day by day and make better contents for my fellow followers. Recently I was fortunate enough to get an international sponsored trip to Nepal by a renowned international app . I truly admire that people see the dedication of my work in different aspects . Even I got nominated for the "Best Food Bloggers Award" arranged by 'Marvel of Tomorrow' last month. 


I learned how to take pictures on different angles , evaluating a better shot  , editing videos , writing stuffs etc. all by myself. I have come across some talented content creators who do support me and encourage me to do better. I am still learning and  will continue to learn in order to do better things till the day unless I feel exhausted. 

My work is all about making people fall in love with food. Whether it is about one of the most expensive restaurants in Gulshan , five star buffets of Dhaka, student friendly eatery options or the random street food I eat near my house , I love to explore everything about food that is HALAL that is what my account name says. I bet my contents will make you guys drool over food !

EAT HALAL STAY HALAL !





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting the stories Die: A letter To Our Grandparents

The Rivalries of Cricket: Unforgettable Battles Between Nations and Players